ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Long time, no update


Alex and I have been in a huge season of transition lately. Alex is still working for the railroad with CSX but recently received a promotion. As most of you know, he has been working as a railroad conductor for the past four years, but he now is a YARD MASTER. Isn't that an awesome job title? The best way to describe the job is that he is like an air traffic controller for trains. He sits in a five story tower that overlooks the train yard and keeps the trains moving in and out of the yard in a safe, orderly, and efficient manner. There are certainly a lot of logistics involved. I think it is a wonderful job for Alex, and he seems to be recieving a lot of satisfaction from his work, even though the hours are horrendous right now. (This is starting to sound like one of those family newsletters that people enclose with their Christmas cards. Oh, well. I'm keepin' on.)
I graduated from Southern Seminary in May, and stepped down from my job working for Dr. Whitney in June. The last two months I have enjoyed being at home, and taking an extended break. It was wonderful to be able to be at home and help Alex through the transition into his new position at work. I have also used this summer to begin planning for a new school year. This time, however, I will not be the student. I will be teaching at Highlands Latin School, a Christian classical school. I am very excited and extremely honored to be a part of the HLS faculty. My first day of teaching will be on September 5.
In other news, we recently got a new baby.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Bobby said…

    Those sound like wonderful changes. Congratulations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home