ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Thursday, February 03, 2005

An Important Decision

Over the past month and a half, I have been praying a lot about possibly changing churches. This is a very difficult decision for me, but I now know - after some very wise council - that I must make this decision soon. I currently am a member at Clifton Baptist Church, and I absolutely love it. I have been at Clifton since I first moved to Louisville, and it has been a true source of growth, learning, service, community and fellowship. However, I have recently felt God leading me to Sojourn, which is a major change from Clifton.

I really wanted to pray through this semester and then make a decision. However, as I was talking this through with my mentor Jodi Ware, she advised me to make the decision earlier. She counciled me to pray about it this week, and then follow the Lord's guidance. I told her I didn't want to make a hasty decision, and she looked at me like I was crazy - "Laura Beth, you have been praying about this for over a month!" So the plan is to pray, pray, pray. Jodi is praying with me. My parents are praying with me. A few friends are praying with me. Tuesday, I will meet Jodi to talk again. And unless the Lord slams the door in my face between now and then, it looks like I will be heading to Sojourn. I am a little nervous and excited and anxious. But I know that the Lord will make this all very clear soon.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Booooooooooo! Stay at Clifton. We only love you as a member of Clifton.

    Just kidding. Ultimately, the Lord will bless you wherever you decide to go.

    But if you do end up at Sojourn, would you at least pretend to be our friend still?

    Sarah and Jeremy

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Choral Advocate said…

    Although I am not a seminarian I would like to throw my two cents in here...When I was in Birmingham I had a situation like this where I was at Independent Presbyterian but I really wanted to move to South Highland Presbyterian...I was so afraid of making the wrong move but it felt right...and I still miss that church now...prayer, friends, and family are the only lights to guide us through decisions that impact our daily lives...perhaps the name sojourn gives a clue...its time for a journey to a new place...by the way I loved the info on Martin Luther...talk soon

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said…

    LB! I felt all privileged to know this information. Now it's free public data! Anyone can see this. Anyone, anywhere. Where's the love?

    :)

    Hey-Sojourn is so great. I especially love when they have this one short girl play guitar. Wow, I mean, it REALLY rocks then. I don't know her name or anything, but...geez! That girl is an AMAZING guitarist.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Adrian Blackney said…

    LAT. Good call. I've always figured it wood be only a matter of time before you and Sojourn found each other. You'll really enjoy the community atmosphere, and you live in the highlands for crying out loud!

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jason Ramage said…

    I don't think a month is very long to pray about a decision like that. You've been at Clifton your whole life... hopefully would give it at least a month's consideration before up and leaving :) If there isn't some other variable involved that would indicate you need to leave the current church ASAP, like the current church is lead by a pastor who collects Oprah figurines, then I would probably let it ride a good six months or more. After all, what's the rush? But that's just my thoughts... guess I'll see ya at Sojourn sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home