ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2005

There Is A Silver Lining...

The unthinkable is happening to me. Slowly but surely, little silver hairs are beginning to take over my head. Soon, my curly, brunette locks will be wiry and gray. This is quite disappointing and difficult to come to terms with. My first silver hair appeared over the summer. I was shocked! Surely it had surfaced as a result of the past semester. The fall semester proved to be even more stressful than the last, and sure enough more silver hairs appeared. I now have identified a total of five silver hairs on my head, and I don't expect this process to reverse itself. Now that I am over the shock and am at a point where I can at least talk about it, I have decided to view things positively. I will tell myself things like:

* At least they are silver and not gray!
* The "wiry" ones just blend in with my curls.
* 25 is the new 15!
* Someday I'll look like Emmylou Harris.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Choral Advocate said…

    Laura silver hair will only distinguish you more :) if you get a chance could you email me Bethany's blog and email? thanks...peace

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said…

    Ah, LB. See what seminary does to you?! Chapel yesterday was a prime example of why seminary students are stressed out (the worship leaders, oh, the worship leaders).

    You said yourself "Emmylou Harris is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." You're just moving up in status.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Alex F said…

    I've got more than 5. But my hair is short.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Laura,

    I check out your blog occasionally and enjoyed the hair color one. Thought I'd pass this along: there isn't much of a difference between silver and grey. "Silver" is just a way to console ones self that their hair is turning "grey."

    Welcome to adulthood, where you pacify yourself with word variations and substitutions! Not problems, challenges!

    So can you tell me what happened at chapel that the other comment referenced?

    plc

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Okay, basically, there was just some extreme cheesiness going on in chapel. And it involved someone I think you know. But I'll have to email you about that one - since sometimes people google their own names!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home