ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rock Incarnate: The Christian Roots of the Devil's Music

As part of Sojourn Community Church's Kill Your TV/Cultivate Beauty month, Dave Sims, writer for Paste Magazine, will be speaking at Sunergos on at 7:00 p.m. He will be discussing Rock and Roll from a Christian perspective, and his lecture will be called "Rock Incarnate: The Christian Roots of the Devil's Music." The event is free and open to the public, so I hope a lot of folks can make it.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Steve McCoy said…

    Oh, SOOOOO jealous. Somebody record that thing and put it online. Tell Matthew Huested "hello" from the McCoys if you go Laura Beth.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    I'm trying to get out of some prior obligations so that I can go myself... However, it's not looking too hopeful. I'll try to find out if anyone is recording it.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Well, as far as I know, there was no recording made. However, Dave is working on a book about this same topic. I don't know when its coming out, but keep your eyes peeled.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Steve McCoy said…

    Thanks for trying.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Bobby said…

    And THIS Thursday at Sunergos, William Wallace and Bryan Miller will be lecturing on independent film-making. I believe they will also preview their new film, "Justice Is A Blessing," which stars an old friend of mine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home