ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hoppin' to the Harrison Gallery


I am heading to Indianapolis tomorrow with Sojourn's visual arts group. We're going to the open studio night at the Harrison Gallery. The Harrison Gallery is part of the Harrison Center for the Arts, which is associated with Redeemer Presbyterian Church. The HCA website says, "The Harrison Center for the Arts seeks to be a catalyst for renewal in the city of Indianapolis by fostering awareness, appreciation, and community for arts and culture. Harrison Center tenants include: 23 local artists (studio space), VSA Arts, the Harrison Gallery, The Advent Project, The Nature Conservancy, and Redeemer Presbyterian Church." I am so excited about seeing the Harrison Center and observing the ways in which they reach out to their culture and their community. I hope that we can learn from Redeemer-Indy and see new ways that Sojourn can love the city of Louisville.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Beppe said…

    no se capisse niente!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Tammy Perlmutter said…

    Hope you had a great time at the opening. How are you enjoying the Carson McCullers book? I'm about half way through. I need some Belle & Sebastien. Do you want to do a music lending trade? I may have something you like.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger ckjolly said…

    oh ... i wish i could go! Daniel told me about Sojourn's Visual Arts ministry. I'd love to know more about it and get involved somehow.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Tammy, I'm loving the book. I just finished Chapter 5, so I'm not too far in yet, but loving every page. Also, I am totally open to the music idea. Well have to talk more about it sometime.

    Christine, the show was very interesting - all fiber arts. We'll probably go to another one sometime, so I'll try to keep you posted. You should get in touch with Michael and Mickie Winters. They head up the Visual Arts group for Sojourn partners, which meets on Wednesday nights at their house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home