ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Important Event For Lovers Of The Arts


poster design by Michael and Mickie Winters

I am really excited about an event that's happening at Sojourn Community Church this weekend. Taylor Worley, a PhD student in aesthetics at Durham University is visiting us here in the states. He along with his buddy Jonathan Gillette, a Chicago artist and gallery director, will be here to share a presentation entitled "Art and Artifact: Why Does Art Look So Funny Now?" I am really excited about this "talk," and I hope a lot of folks will be there. While the discussion will most directly refer to visual artists, there are certainly strong implications and applications for musicians, filmmakers, any type of creative thinker, or even those who just love the arts in general. Its Sunday, 11:00 AM, at 930 Mary Street. Bagels and coffee will be available for all your breakfast needs. Hope to see you there!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed today's event. Maggie and I learned a lot, were encouraged and challenged as two people who are not themselves artists or familiar with trends in contemporary art. (Still, I believe I could replicate some of it myself -- for instance, I too have a vacuum cleaner I'm willing to put in a box and sell for $15,000).

    Thanks for putting it together.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Brent - the event was not recorded, but we had a great time with Taylor and Jonathan.

    Dave - Thank you so much for coming to the talk. And, yes, I think Hoover is calling your name! Its good to think through these things.
    -LB

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lorie said…

    I thought it was great. It totally made want to dash to the nearest art museum...

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Lorie, I felt the exact same way. I just wanted to go see some art!
    -LB

     

Post a Comment

<< Home