ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weird


Alex and I saw Andi McDowell at Lynn's Paradise Cafe this morning. Alex wanted to get her autograph, but I wouldn't let him. "But she's in my favorite movie," (which is Goundhog Day). That was his excuse and reasoning for getting the autograph.
"No," I said. "Would you like people bothering you all the time like that? She's just a person like you and me."
"Well, can I just say hello?" he asked.
"No."
When we left, we walked by her table, looked at her (she really is such a beautiful lady), and smiled.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies, too. And so is that actress!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Bobby said…

    She is a great actress. She did a teleplay of one of my favorite modern plays, "Dinner With Friends" by Donald Marguiles (which I believe premiered here in Louisville at Actors Theatre, and ended up winning the Pulitzer).

    I would have been tempted to ask for her autograph too, but ultimately would have felt too shy and stupid.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lorie said…

    She IS beautiful. And she's from South Carolina. Wonder what she was doin' here...?

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I bought Groundhog Day last night... good times. I'd forgotten how great it is!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home