ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

We Went Through Hell (Mich.)

Last Thursday afternoon, Alex got hit with the I-gotta-take-a-road-trip-now bug, so by Saturday morning, we were on the road heading north to Michigan. Michael and Mickie came along with us, and we all had great fun. So why Michigan? Well, on January first, our friend Greg moved up there to join a band called Anathallo. They were having a CD release party in Lansing, Michigan, so we decided to go up there, surprise Greg, and see a great show. The show was phenomenal. Two bands - Those Tansatlantics and Page France - opened up for Anathallo. I had never seen Anathallo live before, and I was very happy to be listening to their music. The next day we took the backroads from Lansing to Lake Eerie. It was so wonderful to see the countryside. We even drove through a little town called Hell, Michigan. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
On the way to Lansing...



In Lansing/at the Anathollo show...




Driving through rural Michigan...



At Lake Eerie...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger iconoclasm said…

    I can't believe they named a town Hell. Did you call people and say, "I'm in Hell. Repent of your sins so you don't have to come to this boring place."

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Alex Jonathan O'Nan said…

    I think it's funny that my little college graduate/masters getting wife doesn't know that Lake "Eerie" is really ERIE!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Oh shoot! I really didn't know that until now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home