ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Listen to Andrew Bird

Andrew Bird is absolutely amazing! Alex and I went with some friends to see him at the Louisville Free Public Library. What a fascinating show! Andrew uses loop pedals to create a symphony of sounds with his violin, guitar, and glockenspiel. He also whistles with a melodious and rich tone. And his voice! His voice is powerful and emotional, reminds me of Jeff Buckley a bit. I cannot describe how incredible it was to watch this man create his music, part by part. Martin Dosh is touring and playing with Andrew. He adds the drums, keys, other percussion. Quite a cool guy. In short, I was blown away and fascinated, as was our resident music snob, my husband Alex. If any of you ever have a chance to hear Andrew Bird, please go do it. I promise it will be a wonderful musical experience! (And for those of you in Oxford, Mississippi - he's playing there Monday night, February 13.)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Bobby said…

    Dar Williams is playing in the Lousiville Library's free music series next, on Saturday the 25th. I don't know what her live show is like but she has some good lyrics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home