ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Compliment From Piper

I was just snooping around on John Piper's website and found something that made me really, really happy for my church and for Southern Seminary. Piper's church, Bethlehem Baptist, had their pastor's conference last week, and Dr. Bruce Ware was a speaker at the conference. Dr. Ware is an elder at my church, my Bible study teacher, and a professor at Southern Seminary. I also work in the School of Theology, where he is an associate dean, so my desk is just outside his office. Oh yeah, and his amazing wife, Jodi, is my mentor. This is what Piper said about Dr. Ware:

"So I have asked one of my favorite living theologians—a true see-er of Christ—to come and deliver his burden for The Trinitarian Relationships of Jesus Christ. Bruce Ware has a brilliant mind and a burning heart. I love the fact that he put the word “exulting” in his title: This is My Beloved Son: Exulting in the Trinitarian Relationships of Jesus Christ. That is what I expect to do. And it would make my joy more complete if you came and rejoiced with me over the treasure that we have in Christ."

Dr. Ware is one of Piper's favorite living theologians! This is a huge statement!

I know that Dr. Ware is certainly one of my favorite theologians. My first semester at Southern Seminary, I had him for Systematic Theology I, and I would tear up in almost every lecture. His passion for God, the Scriptures, and God's glory is amazingly contagious. He communicates the love of Christ so eloquently, and causes you to think deeply about the nature and character and attributes of God. The more I got to know Dr. Ware, through church and work, the more I came to see his humility, his greatness as a husband to Jodi and as a father to Rachel and Bethany. He is a man who visibly seeks the glory of God in all things. I have learned so much from Dr. Ware, and I praise God for having raised up a man like Dr. Ware to proclaim His truths, His character, and His glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home