ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What to do with I-64

The waterfront interstate of I-64 is apparently a huge problem here in Louisville. The approved expansion and "improvement" of spaghetti junction is a huge, messy, 13-year project that will harm, rather than improve the downtown vibrancy and economy. One group has proposed another plan that involves tearing down the waterfront portion of I-64, a plan that has been successfully enacted in other major waterfront cities such as Portland, OR; San Frascisco, CA; London, England; and Milwaukee, WS. You can view a short presentation of the plan here. On first thought, it looks like a great idea, but I would like to hear the other side before committing.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Alex F said…

    So are you going to be continuing blogging and, if so, are you going to change the address?

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    I don't know, and I don't know. I may. I may not. I'll probably just wait until the People's Republic of China implodes.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    I'm committed. I've signed the petition. Alex has the www.8664.org sticker on the back of the CRV. YEAH!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home