ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Friday, June 24, 2005

I'm Back!!!

Realizations I've made over recent weeks:

1) I must be really popular because countless numbers of people have come to me requesting that I post a new blog.

2) Anytime you climb something really high and really steep, it's always worth the effort.

3) I am becoming a more mature person. This is reflected in my decision not to blog about my love-hate relationship with the Southern Baptist Convention.

4) I can grow out my finger nails if I have good reason to do so.

5) Men turn into 8-year-olds when they get in a swimming pool.

6) I am more picky than I thought I was.

7) I think I would be a good cook if I had time to experiment.

8) Riding a camel is uncomfortable after the first three minutes. You just go numb from the waist down after about 20 minutes.

9) People are often impressed by the job title of "train conductor."

10) I hate it when theological liberals call me names that I've never been called before - ones that involve the f-bomb as an adjective.

11) I have very lovely friends. (Actually, I've known this for a while).

12) Pregnant people will say anything!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Choral Advocate said…

    Hey...Im glad you are home...just so you know I am moved and now back in the ham...give me a call sometime...peace

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said…

    Laura Beth!
    Yea!! I'm glad you are back! And yes, you are correct. I have also been learning that pregnant women will say anything. Haha-that's funny that you say that. I've been thinking about that lately too. The filter is gone for some reason. In some ways, though, it can be refreshing.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Alex F said…

    I will refrain comment regarding the final observation....

    but I don't know that ALL men turn into 8 year olds in a pool. Some of us at least approach double digits I think.

    And tell Ryan Lister not to drop f-bombs anymore.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Ha! Ha! Axle F, it wasn't Ryan Lister - so quit trying to get him in trouble!

    And, you may approach nine years old when you get in the pool, but that's only due to the shoulder injury that keeps you from acting like you really want to!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Josh Buice said…

    Laura,

    I fully understand the SBC is not perfect, but following my study this summer on the conservative resurgence, I have never been more proud to be a Southern Baptist, and for that matter, a student at the Southern Baptist's flagship Seminary!

    May God continue to raise up men and women of God to lead our Convention in the way of righteousness!

    Josh Buice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home