ELBOW & ALBOW

The O'Nan Family Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Music That I Have Enjoyed in 2005

Here are some albums that came out this year that I have really enjoyed listening to. I don't want to say they are the best of 2005, just albums that I can't seem to stop listening to.

Minus the Bear - Menos el Oso
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Hem - Eveningland
Broken Social Scene - self-titled

There are probably more, but I'm just writing off the top of my head. Oh yeah, and Spoon "Gimme Fiction" is over-rated.

Please feel free to share your favorites of 2005...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Bobby said…

    Nickel Creek: "Don't Let The Fire Die"

    The Wallflowers: "Rebel, Sweetheart"

    Bob Dylan: "No Direction Home: The Soundtrack (Bootleg Series #7)

    Also enjoyed Ray Lamontagne, Amos Lee, The Greencards, the Duhks, and the latest from Over The Rhine.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said…

    Bobby, thanks for sharing! I've heard really great things about Ray Lamontagne, but I've never heard the music. I should look into his music, certainly. (Is it a he or a band or what?) Also, I have Nickel Creek's first two albums but not their new one. I've seen them live twice, and even met them once... about five years ago,after a concert.

    I have to admit, Bobby, I've strayed away from my love folk/roots/americana in the past several years, but your post has made me want to go out and find some good americana music.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Bobby said…

    Yeah, I love good roots music.

    And I love stuff that's stripped-down and raw, from rock to Celtic.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Steve McCoy said…

    Nickel Creek is great (LaMontagne is 2004, but I enjoyed it this year too. :)
    Wolf Parade is excellent.
    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah is tremendous.
    Sufjan is unbelievable and redemptive.
    Broken Social Scene is also great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home